Golden Leaves promise to deal with any complaints quickly and professionally.
Complaint handling procedure summary
- Acknowledgement of the Complaint
We aim to deal with your complaint promptly. We will generally communicate with you by telephone (or your preferred method of contact) within 3 business days of being made aware of the complaint. We will seek to understand the nature of your complaint and whether it is something that can be resolved quickly. If we manage to resolve the issue to your satisfaction within 3 business days, we will send you a Summary Resolution Communication. This will confirm that we feel we have addressed your complaint and deem it resolved, however should you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Their contact details will be included within this letter along with the availability of further information on their website.
If our investigation is likely to take longer than 3 business days, we will acknowledge your complaint formally in writing within 5 business days. In this acknowledgement we will provide the name and title of the person that is handling your complaint. A copy of the “Complaint Handling Procedures Summary” will also be sent with the acknowledgement.
- Investigating the Complaint
Your complaint will be investigated competently, fairly and promptly. Whilst we attempt to resolve complaints promptly if they are more complex and require detailed investigation, we will keep you informed of the progress of measures being taken for your complaint’s resolution.
- Resolving the Complaint
Once your complaint has been investigated, we will attempt to resolve it amicably. Where it is found that redress is appropriate, we will aim to provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible. If you accept the offer, then we will promptly provide compensation in a manner agreed with you.
- Final Response
We will aim to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks. Once the complaint has been fully investigated, we will send you a final response which either:
- Accepts the complaint and, where appropriate, offers redress and / or remedial action or
- Offers redress and / or remedial action without us accepting the complaint; or
- Rejects the complaint and provides reasons for doing so. Contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service will be included with the final response letter, along with an explanation that if you are unhappy with the response received, you can now refer the complaint to the FOS.
It will also:
- include a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s standard explanatory leaflet;
- provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- inform the complainant how, if they remain dissatisfied with our response, they may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
However, if your complaint is not resolved within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we are required to tell you:
- Why we are not yet able to make a final response and when you might expect to receive our final response.
- That you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service immediately.
The complainant has the right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of our final response.
The contact details of the Financial Ombudsman Service are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service,
Telephone Number: 0800 023 4567
This policy is approved by the Managing Director – Barry Floyd
Date: July 2022