Golden Leaves took care of all the arrangements, while we could reflect on happy memories.
Funeral Planning Checklist
When someone dear to you, like a friend or a loved one, passes away, it’s completely normal to feel a sense of being adrift and emotionally drained. When it comes to arranging the funeral, it can be a difficult process, with a variety of decisions to be made.
During times when you’re faced with making decisions about everything from the burial plan to the smallest intricacies like music choices, invitations, and floral arrangements, it’s understandable that things can get overwhelming. But don’t worry, we’re here to assist.
At Golden Leaves, we bring over 30 years of experience in funeral preparation. We understand that this period can be incredibly challenging, which is why we’ve crafted a comprehensive funeral planning checklist. This checklist is designed to not only help you manage all the details of arranging a funeral but also to alleviate some of the stress during this tough situation.
How to Plan a Funeral Checklist
Preplanning a funeral offers a multitude of valuable benefits. By taking the time to outline your preferences and decisions in advance, you ensure that your wishes are respected and carried out with precision. This relieves your loved ones from the burden of making difficult choices during a period of emotional distress.
Moreover, preplanning allows you to lock in current prices, potentially saving your family from financial strain in the future. It’s a thoughtful way to provide a clear roadmap for your farewell, offering solace to both you and your family, and ensuring that your legacy is celebrated just as you envision.
Choosing a Golden Leaves funeral plan will help you with planning the funeral you want.
The printable funeral checklist below can help you start a conversation with your loved ones and ensure you have considered everything to plan your funeral:
- Choose a Golden Leaves Funeral plan to cover the costs and deliver your funeral service.
- The location for the service.
- Clergy or officiator.
- Observation of religious mourning period or event.
- Cremation or burial plan.
- The type of casket or coffin.
- The type of service.
- Hearse and number of funeral cars.
- Notification list of family, friends, groups, organisations or clubs of the funeral.
- Memorial Cards and / or Acknowledgement cards.
- Memorial Register.
- Flower arrangements.
- Photos to be displayed.
- Funeral Music, hymns and solos.
- What the deceased will wear.
- The order of the funeral service.
- If there will be a wake.
- The scripture and who will read it.
- The eulogy and who will read it
- Any other readings, prayers or poems.
- Choose a cemetery, burial plot or vault, or a cremation urn.
- Headstone and stone mason.
- Memorial inscriptions.
None of us likes to think about our funeral. But funeral preparation can genuinely provide comfort for your dear ones when they need it most. Opting for a Golden Leaves funeral plan means we’re here to assist you with the preplanning and arrangements, ensuring your envisioned farewell comes true.
In the unfortunate event of your passing, Golden Leaves takes on the responsibility of organizing everything, lessening the load on your family, and easing some of the financial concerns during their challenging moments.